http://davidbjelland.com/1hws Spring is almost here, which means means pool season is upon us! Swimming is a big part of recreation here in Northwest Florida, especially if you have kids. At Blue Lagoon Pool Service, we want you and your family to have a fun and safe season, so here are a few safety tips we thought might be helpful.
- Never allow children to swim without proper supervision
- Teach your children basic water safety tips
- Keep children away from pool drains, pipes and other openings
- If a child is missing, look for him or her in the pool or spa first
Learn and Practice Pool Safety
- Ensure everyone knows how to swim well
- Before diving, check to be sure that other swimmers are out of the way.
- Learn to perform CPR on children and adults
- Understand the basics of life-saving so that you can assist in a pool emergency
Have Appropriate Equipment & Maintenance
- Keep your pool or hot tub water clean and clear. Maintain proper chemical levels, circulation and filtration. This will minimize the risk of earaches, rashes or more serious diseases.
- Install and use a lockable safety cover on your spa.
- Install pool and gate alarms to alert you when children go near the water
- Use non-slip materials on the pool deck, diving board and ladders.
- Ensure any pool and spa you use has compliant drain covers, and ask your pool service provider if you do not know
- Maintain pool and spa covers in good working order
- Consider using a surface wave or underwater alarm